Saturday, January 23, 2010

Encased in Ice

As I sit here in the freezing rain....time to think about this weekend's football games.

So, last week I went three for four in football predictions. My one loss was I thought the Cowboys would steam roll the Vikings. I am not sure why - entirely - but the Vikings hung tough and then played very well. The Cowboys had chances early, but missed chances to take the upper hand. So there you go.

This week the Viking travel to the Saints. At first glance this game looks like a better
opportunity for the Vikings. The Saints are ranked 21st in run defense. I would think that
would give our running game a chance to help keep the Saints offense off the field. On the
other side, the advantages look
to favor the Saints. I have seen Sean Payton and Drew Brees dismantle teams on the field. They say that, "Defense wins championships," but I am not so sure. I am going to be a homer and pick the Vikings to win in a squeaker.

Last week I picked the Jets to beat the Chargers largely because I don't
like Norv Turner as a head coach. Jim Caldwell is a tougher call. I admire him for sitting Peyton to prepare for the playoffs and taking the guff that came from that. Mr. Caldwell seems to have his eyes on the prize. This is kind of brains vs brawn. I guess I like the Colts chances this week (although the Jets have the traditional tough defense and big
running game that is supposed to be the winning ticket.)


No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...