Monday, June 29, 2009

Bagel from Hell

So here we are, off to Uptown to do some shopping for glasses. First stop, Brueggers for a quick bite to eat for lunch. Mistake number one.

While we waited in line one of the women behind the counter had to share tales from her personal life as she took orders. This got so oppressive that by the time the bagels were done, I couldn't wait to get the hell out of Dodge. Shutter.

Jeff and I both order the "Thai Peanut" bagel. You can't tell from the picture, but if you can find the "Thai Peanut" sauce, your a great detective. Strike two.

Here Jeff is trying on some frames. These were his favorites. The frames I liked were available for $875 with lenses. I couldn't believe the quote. I hope I was gracious as I handed them back to the man. Needless to say, we didn't buy and frames or lenses here.

From here it was off to the Golden Leaf for cigars and then a quick walk through at Sterns and Hawkins (bookstore - I hope I have the name correctly.)

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...