Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wow. Who would have thought...


Our beloved Minnesota Twins lost tonight 1-0 in a playoff game in Chicago. While I am disappointed that we lost, wow does our future look bright. We have first or second year players at second, left, center, and right (or a fourth outfielder) and three or four starting pitchers. I can't wait until next year. I think the Twins are going to be very good for a number of years to come.

Nick Blackburn pitched a great game tonight. Jim Thome hit a mistake and that is the difference in the game. I don't think the White Sox will go far. I look for them to lose the series in four games to the Tampa Bay Rays. I think the White Sox pitching will tire, their defense is poor (their outfielders never adjust to different batters), and they don't take the extra base because they are so old and slow.

Our future is bright and next year we get to watch games in a real baseball park. Go Twins.

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...