
As I finished my dessert this evening I tuned in the Republican convention. I joined in time to hear Michael Williams, who if I heard correctly, is a railroad commissioner or executive from Texas. Mr. Williams was very articulate in expressing his support for John McCain, but the overwhelming feeling I had was that the Republicans picked Mr. Williams to speak because he is African-American -- any port in the storm to discredit the Obama campaign.
My sense of Republican desperation was enhanced when the next gentleman, a leader from Puerto Rico, proposed that American be energy independent by 2025. I like the goal, but the date seems a bit out there -- is that really the best for which we can hope?
******
I did like a commentator, who I believe was a Republican Senator, who spoke on PBS about how the Republicans need to get back to fiscal responsibility. The man was gracious, but direct in stating how very disappointing the last eight years have been because the lack of fiscal discretion. How very refreshing to hear someone discuss that we can keep spending money like a drunken sailor.
******
I am watching the Republican Convention on PBS. Can they fit any more white people in that room?
Another shot. They have labeled the Obama campaign as "politically correct" and that we should put our country first, and "political correctness" second.
I am watching the Republican Convention on PBS. Can they fit any more white people in that room?
Another shot. They have labeled the Obama campaign as "politically correct" and that we should put our country first, and "political correctness" second.
No comments:
Post a Comment