Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Rotoworld...

Yesterday morning I was reading "Player News" from the Rotoworld.com website for Major League Baseball. I love the editorial comments that come with the news. For example, ripping the Mets for firing Willie Randolph at 3:18 a.m. Seems like an odd time to fire a manager. Jack Morris says that the guy on the bench who stays is the "spy" for the general manager. In this case that would make Jerry Manuel the spy for the Mets. Rotoworld wondered how he would handle managing the Mets after doing poorly at managing the White Sox recently.... We shall see.

Rotoworld also ripped the Mariners for moving Itchiro Suzuki from center field, where he has won a gold glove, back to right field. This move is even more puzzling when you consider that Willie Bloomquist was scheduled to start in center. The Mariners aren't very deep in outfielders if that is there best option. Bill Bavasi was fired as general manager after a four year stint with the Mariners. They need to build a farm system and quit trying to buy their way into the playoffs.

I will be interested to see if Rotoworld's criticisms bear out over time.

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...