This is the second week in a row that we have noticed an absence of red-winged blackbirds. Since they are among the first to arrive, I just expected the red wings to hang around for another month or so, but that didn't happen.
Blackburian warbler. Has white wing bars and a prominent light streak above the eye. The triangle of dark color on the cheeks also led me to guess blackburian.
I believe this is a chestnut-sided warbler. I have another shot and he/she has yellow patches underneath and behind the legs. Tough call on the id.
Family of mallard ducks. Grow up quickly guys...cooler weather is coming.
So I was looking at the song sparrow when I noticed this ruby-throated hummingbird in the middle of the picture.
Green heron leaving the area as we walked up. Pleased that I got a shot of him before he disappeared. 






No comments:
Post a Comment