Here are some pictures from the backyard and this mornings trip to Wood Lake. At the left are house finches and a goldfinch, all enjoying a little seed from one of Karyl's plants.
To the right is a cardinal after a morning bath. I think he hit the bird bath before it went dry and cleaned up a bit. It hasn't rained much in the last week, so....
Below is a picture of Karyl trying to capture a good shot of our white sparrow. She has gotten a couple of good shots, but sometimes the cats, Baby Girl in this shot, make the photographing of birds a bit more challenging.
Goldfinches flying around Wood Lake near the entrance.
Below is a merlin, I believe. He/she is a smaller bird, I thought maybe a sharp shinned hawk, but the wings don't look right for a sharp shinned. Tough call, as the eyes in other shots seem to have a reddish hue, and I don't think merlins fit that description.
Finally, I have marsh wren singing his heart out with Karyl on the other side of the field.
It has been nice to get outside as I think I am suffering from COVID cabin fever. I am mourning all the things we used to be able to do that are off the table now. I am sure this time is hard on us all, and I know postal employees, and others who have service jobs are at the front lines with this. So, am I looking to laugh more, and work on being more relaxed...
Here's to more good days with the camera.






No comments:
Post a Comment