Help. I am trapped in the bottom of the music building at the University of Minnesota. My loving wife is practicing with her band, which plays a concert here later tonight. A security guard kicked me out of the concert hall and directed me to a corner of another building where there is a "student lounge". I have been here grading papers for an hour and a group of three music students just rolled in.
No problem, I have head phones.
Then they break out their metronomes and compare favorite rhythms...
Help...Only two more hours to go.
It gets weirder. It is 6:00 p.m. and the "student lounge" is filling up with more people. This wouldn't be a problem, but I am older than anyone in here by more than 35 years. I am tempted to be judgmental and ask if these people don't have better things to do on a Saturday night - but who am I to talk...
When the lizards start to walk in, I am outta here.
Rambling thoughts on books, politics, history, and anything else that pops up...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
So within the last three or four days, my friend, Jeff Pierce, was rear-ended by a younger woman who was "not paying attention" as...
-
The view from the crest of Mt. Piscah, Eugene, Oregon Last Monday, I got to hike Mt. Piscah and it was beautiful. As I reached the crest ...
No comments:
Post a Comment