Saturday, September 12, 2015

There are Those Moments...

This afternoon I was at school, grading papers with the Car Talk in the background.  The news that
followed Klick and Klack mentioned the the County Clerk, Kim Davis has submitted a motion to stay the recent Federal Court decision.  This is exactly the time where I always find myself physically reaching for the phone to call Dad and discuss these political oddities.  I miss that.  I need to find someone to hash these things out.

Had Dad picked up I would have expressed my disbelief that Kim Davis feels she has the right to act according to her religious beliefs.  What if my religious beliefs were that only men should vote?  Where do you draw the line when you start to discriminate between groups of people?  Where does that line end?




No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...