Monday, December 16, 2013

Goodbye to a Champ

Moonie
Well, tonight we sent a Champ to the life eternal, and we shall never be the same.

Moonie, our beloved Shelty/Jack Russell mix, had a rapidly growing tumor on her left leg.  We had a biopsy done last week, but the smell from the wound was driving Moonie nuts and she wouldn't leave it alone -- even with a cone of shame.

Moonie will best be remembered for her unrelenting love of walks…playing with the leash endlessly out of joy to be out and about.  Moonie was also a big fan of chasing squirrels.

Moonie would stand ten feet away while you were eating and looking off at 90°, just in case you dropped any food on the floor.  She wouldn't make eye contact, because she knew that she wasn't supposed to beg.

I am forever in Moonie's debt for helping raise us all over the last twelve years.  I only wish that I could have provided better for her once the cancer set in.

Go with God Moonie, and thank you so much.  We love you, and we always well.  You are the best.

1 comment:

J. Kingston Pierce said...

Oh, Byron, I'm so sorry to hear that Moonie is no longer part of your life. She was a wonderful friend, one of the few dogs I've ever really liked. And I liked her A LOT. She could probably have won the heart of a stone wall, she was such a sweet thing. I will always remember how, even though I wasn't able to visit you often, Moonie was always pleased to see me return. She was exuberance personified in a compact dog's body!

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...