So every once an awhile there are one of those days where the kindness of people is overwhelming…
Last year we raised 1,800 pounds of food for "We Scare Hunger". We challenged our school to raise a ton this year.
This morning I went to Rainbow Foods to get my share of the food and then I got to school and went to bus duty. One of the buses pulls up and a student tells me that the driver wants to talk to me. "Your gonna need the wagon." Some seventh grade girl had six bags of groceries…and student after student kept getting off the bus with a bag here and a bag there. All told the middle school brought in 4,910 and ten pounds of food.
Very cool
The school as a hole we raised 6,500 pounds of food.
Nice job gang.
Rambling thoughts on books, politics, history, and anything else that pops up...
Friday, November 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
So within the last three or four days, my friend, Jeff Pierce, was rear-ended by a younger woman who was "not paying attention" as...
-
The view from the crest of Mt. Piscah, Eugene, Oregon Last Monday, I got to hike Mt. Piscah and it was beautiful. As I reached the crest ...

No comments:
Post a Comment