Saturday, July 27, 2013

Great Stuff...

Asking a clarifying question.
I owe Carrie Lenox a lot.  She introduced me to this program, and I have to say that it is one of the coolest things that I do.

I have the pleasure of playing with college students while they work hard to construct meaningful lesson plans for these middle school age students.  This program is six weeks for students and nine weeks for the teachers and it is good stuff.

Yesterday we had our annual trip to the state capitol.  We have spent the week writing bills and practicing the proper decorum for the state capitol.

It is hard to describe adequately how impressive it is to see these middle school students dress up and debate bills at the Capitol.  Here it is summer, and these young people are working hard each night to
Getting ready to enter the House chambers.
practice their skills in math, English, science, and social studies (writing).  You don't hear grousing about having to work during the summer -- these students are getting after it.  I would not bet against this crowd....




No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...