Last Friday, March 11, Japan was hit with a massive earthquake and following tsunami. Each day the news from Japan seems to be more difficult and hard to comprehend.
This morning I gathered the paper and this headline jolted me. Oh my God - I can even begin to calculate the enormity of that loss. Just as my brain was beginning to wrap around the headline I started to examine the picture. Here a mother and father have found their daughter who was out in a driver-training car when the quake hit. I would describe the photo in more detail, but it is really too upsetting. I don't have the tools to fathom this kind of loss.
A brickbat to the layout editor who put the "Laugh" headline about some yoga program above the picture and headline about the quake. Most inappropriate.
Here is a scary video from someone who was way too close to the events. I don't know how they survived and got this footage. Scary.
Needless to say, my thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Japan.
Rambling thoughts on books, politics, history, and anything else that pops up...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
So within the last three or four days, my friend, Jeff Pierce, was rear-ended by a younger woman who was "not paying attention" as...
-
The view from the crest of Mt. Piscah, Eugene, Oregon Last Monday, I got to hike Mt. Piscah and it was beautiful. As I reached the crest ...
No comments:
Post a Comment