Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Malice: You Can't Escape (But You May Wish To) by Chris Wooding

Dear Chris,

When you write a book, you need to have an ending.  Stopping the story after 370 pages with the idea that if I want to find out what happens to our cast of characters, buy the next book.  Here is some news for you Chris, if you can't come up with a decent ending to the first book, I am not buying the second.  Really, how did you get this published?

I find this tale lacking in character development, motive, and engaging action.  There is a kernel of an interesting idea here - a comic book series that pulls kids into another world to steal their life force.  But you need to develop that idea with a little more detail to get me to buy into a second book.

On the Tex-the-Cat scale - this book gets one paw up.  The cover, which is slightly three dimensional is of interest.  I also enjoyed the artwork on the cover, but less so the illustrations on the inside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Chris is an amazing author. He includes many suspenseful parts in his book.I read the first and second which gave me a new look at fiction books.

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...