Friday, November 26, 2010

Streams Of Babel by Carol Plum-Ucci

I picked up this bad boy last February in the book store on Fifth Street in Sonoma, while visiting my mother.  It has patiently waited for my on the night stand and this October I finally gave it a try.

This is a story of young people with advanced computer skills and the fight against terrorism.  Carol Plum-Ucci carefully captures the frustration of being young and being blown off by adults who don't think much of you.  I  thoroughly enjoyed this story and the intelligent characters who acted as one might hope.

This is a definite three and a half paws up.

Editor's Note:  If this book review seems to fall into the "Damned by faint praise" category it is because I finished the book in October, but didn't crawl down the hall to the computer room to post until Thanksgiving.  Absolute cardinal sin.

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...