![]() |
Katie Scherer, Gargi Bajpai, Beckie Alexander |
School has started and for the first time since forever ago, I am not there.
All summer long people have asked me how "retirement" felt and my response was always, "Well, I am normally off in the summer, so right now retirement feels like a normal summer." Not so this morning.
The sun has been coming up later, and it is cooler at night (thank goodness) and it feels like time to convene with fellow middle school teachers and laugh, plan, and begin the next academic year. I will definitely miss the time with colleagues. They are the best.
There are some parts that I will not miss, but we don't need to go there. The good news is I have colleagues with whom to meet outside of school and lots of projects that require my attention...
So, it is truly time for the next chapter. Here's to doing some kick-ass writing on that next chapter...

No comments:
Post a Comment