So, it is sunny and 21° outside (windchill has it at 8°)and I am glad to have the opportunity to take a breath and clean up a little. Yesterday, I worked on the garage, and today I am moving indoors and I am going to tackle my office space a bit.
The first part of the cleaning was to go through pictures I have taken recently and see if any of them are keepers. Here is what I found...
 |
| Flying squirrel waiting for me to leave. |
It is always a delight to see the flying squirrels in the maple tree. I try to keep their feeder filled, to increase the chance of seeing them around. Here is another look...
 |
| Should I stay or should I go? |
And finally...
 |
| Finally okay to return to eating. |
Last weekend we went for a long walk at the Old Cedar Trail Bridge. There were not a ton of birds to be seen. A hairy woodpecker, a bald eagle, and some swans, Canadian geese in the far distance. But on our walk back toward the north side of the Minnesota River we saw a ton of sparrows and here is my best sparrow shot.
I believe this is an American Tree Sparrow.
So that is the update on the birding/photography part of life...
And here I managed to capture a red-bellied woodpecker flying.
 |
| Red-bellied woodpecker |
No comments:
Post a Comment