Monday, December 22, 2014

Robbed....

Joe Strummer - 1952-2002
This morning while I was drifting around the house Steve Seel and Jill Riley from The Current played "Burnin' Streets" by Joe Strummer.  Mr. Strummer is best known for his work with The Clash, but the "Burnin' Streets" was on an album by Joe Strummer and the Mescalero's.  Unfortunately Mr. Strummer died of a heart attack at the age of 50, in 2002.

The song has a haunting melody that sent me scrambling for my mandolin.  The song is in the key of F.  "Soon your gonna be runnin down those burnin streets"...

A very belated thank you to Joe Strummer for the wonderful music.  I don't know what I would do without music like this.  Life certainly wouldn't be as rich.

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...