![]() |
| Robin Williams at Dairy Queen in Minnesota - July 2014 Rest In Peace |
Yesterday, I went through the local paper's coverage and I found this picture of Robin. He was here in Minnesota at Hazelden to try and get help for the pain in was in.
I can't even look at this picture. Mr. Williams can't even look at the camera. This so reminds me of my father. Alcohol and depression had my dad and they weren't letting go. My dad had a very bad fall and that seemed to end his alcoholism, but he was never really the same - although, because of years of Mr. Smirnoff - my father was gone along time ago...
Years ago a colleague at work killed himself, and that is when I learned that there are times you just can't help everyone. Sometimes the pain people are in is so great they just can't see a way out. I hope to never know that pain...
Robin Williams was a hoot. It seems that some of what drove him was a incredible pain. I am so sorry that Robin felt his best choice was end it all. Perhaps now the black dog of depression has picked himself up off of Mr. Williams front steps in Tiburon and got back home..

No comments:
Post a Comment