| Tim Howard stood on head and kept the USMNT in the game. |
I missed the first half, because I can't tell time and I scheduled a haircut with the one man in the Western Hemisphere who didn't know there was a soccer game on.
I got home at halftime and I saw the rest of the game. The first fifteen minutes of the second half was played in our 18 yard box, and not very inspiring. Gradually we were able to move the ball down the field more often, but the only reason we were in the game at all is Tim Howard had an exceptional day in the goal. He was flat out - brilliant.
Three minutes into extra time Belgium score (#7 De Bruyn ?) and then ten minutes later they scored again on a breakaway. At that point it would have been easy to spit-the-bit and give up. We did not!
| Julian Green (#16) comes off the bench and scores on his first touch. |
We didn't give up. We kept the ball in their half of the field and we peppered the goalie with several shots.
I am so proud of the way our team played this game.
We went down swinging. Way to go gentlemen!
No comments:
Post a Comment