So, if I have the story correctly, Senators Feinstein and Alexander wrote into the bill to fund the government 2.8 billion for a public works project in Kentucky, the home state of Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.I understand the project is considered worthwhile, not just pork barrel spending, but -- every state has projects like this. Certainly the folks in Kentucky are pleased to have jobs that will start or continue.
I guess I am hopelessly naive. I sort of thought that public service meant more than holding up the other 49 states so that the folks back home get a sweet deal.
My gut reaction is a brief, "Fuck You Mitch". I don't consider this type of politicking to be public service. This feels more like dealing with organized crime in the neighborhood. Maybe we can get McConnell on some racketeering charges...
**********
In the video above, Nick Punto gets picked off second after hitting a key double. The Dodgers lost this game and went down in the series 3-1 to St. Louis. The announcers didn't seem to know, but this isn't the first time Nick Punto has had a serious base running gaffe in the playoffs. In the 2002 series against the Yankees Punto managed to get picked off third base after rounding the base and going 2/3 of the way down the baseline. Jeter threw to Posada, who throws to A-Rod and Punto is dead. So were the Twins.
This has to raise questions about Punto's learning curve. This was a very rookie move. Vin Scully's call on the situation is the best. "Punto was full of beans".....yes he was.
No comments:
Post a Comment