Our trip to Green Bay was this weekend, and it was a great time. We started off Saturday with a trip to the grocery store for beer and breakfast burrito fixings. As I walked around the store looking for meds to dry up my stupid nose I passed this gentleman stocking items while standing on a steel cart with wheels. Where are the Health and Safety people when you need them.
The next stop was St. Norbert's for their game against Lawrence (where Robin Fondow went to school). Lawrence was over matched and I thought they kept using an illegal formation. I, of course, was wrong.
Later in the evening we visited Titletown Brewery for some great beer and dinner. I was bitten by a Hopasaurus Rex at Titletown. It is now my favorite dinosaur.
After dinner, on our way to bowling, we stopped by Green Bay East and viewed City Stadium. This was the first home of the Packers back from 1926-1956. Robin's brother, Terry, was the principal at East and he was the person who generated the movement to restore the stadium. The boys are paying homage to a plague that correctly credits Terry for his endless work ethic on behalf of his students, staff and community.
Next it was time for a little ten pen. This was my highlight of the trip. Lots of good-natured teasing and cheering for each other. You can't tell from the score cards, but the team of Bret, Jeep, Mike, and Robin pounded the rest of us. My personal highlight of the evening was making a 5-10 split for a spare. I evened called the shot. This was a great evening

Finally, after a 31- 24 Bengal win, we pack up at Randy and Barb's and begin the five hour drive home. Thanks to the Beckster for manning the wheel the last four hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment