Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ahh, Nuts...


Well, today we lost a dear friend. Our cat Ashley died in our neighbor's window well sometime in the last several hours.

Ashley was sneezing and coughing a bit yesterday, and I should have put two and two together. I feel bad about that.

Here is a picture of Ashley that Karyl took a couple of nights ago.

I will remember Ashley for always being in the way when we tried to make the bed in the morning. It didn't really matter to her that you shooed her away the last hundred mornings, she was always back to help. Ashley also like to pal around with Moonie in the back yard. At times I think Ashley thought she was Moonie's little buddy. I am not so sure that Moonie shared the thought.

Ashley was our best hunter. On Sunday she bagged a chipmunk that spent a little too much time in our garage. The rabbits in the neighborhood are also probably breathing a sigh of relief.

Well, Ashley, I am sorry that I didn't pick up on your cold soon enough. Thank your for seven years of fun. We will miss you, especially when I make the bed in the morning....

1 comment:

J. Kingston Pierce said...

Oh, Byron, I'm sorry to hear that Ashley is no more. She seemed like such a friendly, sweet cat. I'm glad I had a chance to see her again before she took her leave.

Cheers,
Jeff

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...