Thursday, April 2, 2009

Columbia - No Tour - Way to go B...

So, we step out of the cab and walk across the street to begin our visit to Columbia and Maura spots a hawk in the trees. Somehow this strikes my twisted mind as good luck.



I don't think this bad boy is a red-tail. Time to head for the bird book and dig.


Long story short, there are no tours at Columbia on Saturday, except for the second Saturday of the month. I am a boob. Time to shift to plan B. There is some kind of public service event, with Columbia students at tables. We find a table with three nice students and we as them about their experiences at Columbia. High marks all around. One girl looked at me a bit funny when I asked if housing was for all four years and she said that given NYC prices, why would anyone consider living off campus. Oh, yeah.


Here Grace and Shmee ham it up with the main quad in the background. Shmee's footwork is a copy of the Admissions guy from BC who did the toe up 42 times during the information session. Maura and Grace with the count on that one.

So we toured ourselves.









The girls stroll past the Philosophy building.

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...