Thursday, March 26, 2009

BC is Beautiful, but BU make be the Real Deal...

Boston College was the most impressive college campus I have been on in my five years of college trips. All the buildings have a similar architecture and many of the buildings are quite new. Lots of beautiful architecture and a gorgeous campus. The "Eagle's View Information Session" was very well done. This school has lots of money.

The biggest disappointment of the BC experience is that I missed taking a picture of the woman with Big Hair. The back half of her hair was normal, but she had product in the front half and then she must have stood in front of a wind turbine. Huge loss that I missed this shot.



The Management building has a Wizard of Oz theme.














Several of the buildings at BC looked liked chapels. Here is one of their libraries. Apparently, BC has the largest group of Jesuits outside of the Vatican. This library looked like a great place to study.










Our tour of BU started in a commons room of a dorm. It reminded me of a lot of the buildings at Lewis and Clark. They must have been built about the same time. A woman from Admissions and a student, Holly or Mary...Early Education...talked about the school for an hour. This was at least thirty minutes more than I could take. Out comes the camera and let the games begin.


Boston University is in the Kendall Square part of Boston. Here Ericka Brownson (Breck '09) gives us a tour.













Between Nickerson Field and the Citco Sign is where most of BU sits. Lots of colleges to choose from. Good stuff.

Crew and sailing across on the Charles. This picture is from the BU beach.

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...