Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Few Birds and a License Plate

Hunter, the Great Horned Owl. In rehab after some accident that left him unable to be on his own.

Acadia, a female Saw Whet Owl.













Here is my best shot. These are a flock of Pine Grosbeaks at a feeder. The male is red and the females are bronze headed. I caught one flying into the feeder. Lucky.

Last weekend I had the privilege of going up to Finland, Minnesota and taking lots of pictures. My Nikon got too cold and didn't come through, but the Panasonic nailed some good ones.



Here we have a Red Chested Nuthatch.








Next up is Common Redpoll.













Since the beginning of the year I have started playing the License Plate Game. Tonight on the way home, Maura and I saw "005". Excellent. It only took two weeks to get that last plate.

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...