Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"That one" - Excuse Me...

Senator John McCain crossed the line last night in Nashville. In debating about the difference in energy policies, Senator McCain referred to Senator Obama as "that one". This is exactly what is wrong with our political system. Gone are the days when you could have a heated debate about a topic, but you treated the office with respect. The "that one" comment reminds me of the partisan crap that grinds our legislative process to a screeching halt.

Senator McCain is coming across as an increasingly desperate old man, who will do anything to get elected president. I don't want another angry frat boy for president. We can't afford to have another man prove how tough he is by trying to be a bully as president.

I also have to say that Senator McCain's comment strikes me as racist. The Obama people can't say that - but I am a white man - and let's call it for what it was -- a race baiting hateful remark.

I have lost all respect for Senator McCain.

I voting for "that one".

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...